This spiced cranberry spritzer is not just easy to make, but also a delightful way to celebrate the holiday season. It combines classic flavors like cranberry, orange, and cinnamon with the spicy flavor and health benefits of cumin.
Honey is a natural sweetener that’s also great for our health!
You can add vodka for a fun adults-only treat, or skip it for a delish mocktail everyone can enjoy.
Why You’ll Love This Easy Spiced Cranberry Spritzer Recipe
- Quick: It takes about 10 minutes to make this spicy cranberry that serves 6.
- Make it with or without alcohol.
- Cranberries are a great source of vitamin c.
- Cinnamon has anti-microbial, anti-inflammatory, and anti-oxidant properties.
- Cumin gives this Holiday cocktail a spicy flavor and has many health benefits!
How To Make Spiced Cranberry Spritzer
Prep time: 5 minutes, plus chill time
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons whole cumin seeds
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 3 cups unsweetened cranberry juice
- 2 medium organic oranges, each cut into 8 wedges
½ cup vodka
3 cup sparkling water
Additional cinnamon sticks
6 long rosemary sprigs, lower leaves removed and threaded with fresh cranberries
1. Add cranberries, honey, water, cumin seeds, and cinnamon sticks to a small saucepan and place over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 8-10 minutes, or until the honey is melted and the spices are intensely fragrant.
2. Remove from heat and transfer to a large glass or any other non-reactive bowl. Add cranberry juice, orange wedges, and vodka, if using. Refrigerate for several hours to overnight.
3. Once thoroughly chilled, remove from refrigerator and firmly squeeze each orange wedge into the bowl to capture the juice before discarding. Strain the mixture with a fine-mesh strainer and discard the solids.
4. To serve, fill serving glasses with ice and add enough of the seasoned cranberry juice mixture to fill each glass about 1/3 full. Top off each glass with sparkling water and stir to combine. Taste and sweeten with additional honey, if desired. Garnish with cinnamon sticks and/or rosemary skewers and serve immediately.
More Christmas Recipes