Get our free printable Christmas Planner for a stress-free Christmas!
Mulled white wine is a beautiful addition to your holiday party, perfect for a cold night in and it makes your house smell really cozy. It warms you up and looks gorgeous as well.
It is a perfect drink to serve from a slow cooker set on low. If you have any leftovers, strain out the fruit and spices so the mulled white wine will not become bitter.
You can refrigerate it for 24 hours and reheat it before serving.
How To Make Mulled White Wine
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 1 apple, sliced into rounds
- 1 orange, sliced into rounds
- 1 lemon, sliced into rounds
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 6 whole cloves
- 3 cardamom pods
- 2 star anise
- 1 750 ml. bottle dry white wine such as an oaked chardonnay
- ¼ c rum
- ¼ . honey or maple syrup, preferably local
- 1 orange, juiced
1. Combine all ingredients in a medium, non-reactive pot.
2. Place on medium-low heat and bring the mixture to a gentle simmer – be mindful of the heat as you don’t want to cook out the alcohol. Simmer the wine mixture for at least 15 minutes or up to 2 hours.
3. Serve into glasses and garnish with more fruit and spices. Enjoy!
Tip: Place the fruit and the spices in a cheesecloth and pull the whole bundle out when ready to serve.