Get our free printable Christmas Planner for a stress-free Christmas!
Easy Caprese Skewers with Balsamic Glaze Recipe
If you’re looking for a quick and easy appetizer, it’s hard to beat this Caprese skewers with balsamic glaze recipe
This is a special recipe for those of you who love Italian food and love to add balsamic vinegar to anything. It’s a super simple way to make Caprese skewers and use fresh tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, basil, and olive oil. The balsamic glaze adds a sweet and tangy flavor that pairs perfectly with the tomatoes.
Why You’ll Love This Easy Caprese Skewers with Balsamic Glaze Recipe
- No added sugar. Storebought balsamic glazes contain a whole lot of nasty ingredients and extra sugar.
- Tomatoes are rich in Lycopene, vitamin C, A, Thiamine, magnesium, and copper.
- Mozarella is packed with protein, which is your body’s building block.
- You can make them a day in advance and store in the fridge.
How To Make Caprese Skewers with Balsamic Glaze
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Additional equipment: 16 6” wooden skewers
16 red cherry or grape tomatoes
16 yellow cherry or grape tomatoes
32 medium fresh basil leaves, washed and patted dry
16 mini-Mozzarella balls
1 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons high-quality extra-virgin olive oil to drizzle
1. Thread a red tomato onto a wooden skewer. Next, fold one basil leaf in half, dark side facing out, and add it to the skewer. Add one mini-Mozzarella ball, followed by another folded basil leaf, and one yellow cherry or grape tomato, in order.
2. Repeat Step #1 with the remaining tomatoes, basil, and Mozzarella until you have 16 completed skewers. Arrange on a serving platter and set aside.
3. To prepare the glaze, add balsamic vinegar to a small sauté pan over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring frequently until the vinegar is reduced to about 1/3 of its original volume, approximately 8-10 minutes.
4. Remove glaze from heat and cool for several minutes. Drizzle the glaze over the skewers, along with some extra virgin olive oil, if desired. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
The warm balsamic glaze will start to melt the cheese on contact. If possible, avoid dripping the glaze onto the cheese while drizzling it onto the skewers.
This appetizer is a great way to incorporate the flavors of Christmas into a healthy and yummy snack. If you like the recipe, give it a thumbs up, share it with your friends, and subscribe to our website for more Christmas recipes.